Beaconsfield Medical Practice
175 Preston Road, Brighton, BN1 6AG
It's Tuesday 4:51 PM — We're open
Telephone: 01273 552212 / 01273 555401
Fax: 01273 564626BHCCG.email@example.com
Please note we are keen to process prescriptions as quickly as possible but we also need to ensure that medications are issued safely and appropriately to our patients. Repeat prescription requests which are within the clinical review date will be processed and issued within 48hrs. Some requests will be passed to a GP for decision on issue, this may occur if:
- You request medication which is NOT on your repeat list
- Your repeat medication has not been reviewed recently by a doctor and needs monitoring
- You are requesting medication too early (without a clear reason)
- There are discrepancies in the medication information we have e.g. from hospital letters etc
Please ensure that we have an up to date mobile or land line number to enable us to contact you with any questions regarding your request.
**Please note we have many pharmacies who collect prescriptions from the practice so if you are struggling to collect your prescription during our opening times you can instruct us to send your prescription to a convenient pharmacy. Please mark this clearly on your request.**
Did you know you can register for our online secure appointment system?
If you would like to manage your appointments and prescription requests via this system please bring in a form of ID next time you visit the surgery and you will be given a secure password to enable you to access this site.
How Do I Request A Repeat Prescription?
If you are registered for Systmonline services please use the link at the top of the page to request your repeat prescriptions.
You will only be able to use this if you have collected a username and password from the practice, please ask a member of staff for details.
Email your repeat prescription request to: BHCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org (Please be aware that normal email is not encrypted.)
To make use of this service you must adhere to the following rules:
- Subject: Repeat Prescription Request
- The email message should include your name, date of birth and patient number (found on your repeat prescription request slip)
- List each drug on a separate line with the type (e.g. tabs or caps) and strength. We will prescribe the quantity and dosage as previously given
- If you require an unusual amount please give an explanation (e.g. holiday for 2 weeks)
- Many local pharmacies have a collection service with the practice; please enquire at your usual pharmacy. If you would like the pharmacist to collect your prescription please mark their name clearly on the top of the repeat request form. We cannot email or fax prescriptions direct to you.
- DO NOT send attachments as these will NOT be opened
- DO NOT email regarding any matter other than a repeat prescription request as these will be ignored
PLEASE NOTE: We cannot accept prescription requests over the telephone.
Information on the Email Service
We collect emails at 9 am Monday to Friday. The process takes TWO FULL WORKING DAYS from opening the email request, before collection in the usual manner. This may take slightly longer If there are any changes or additions to your medication.
We will not reply to emails unless we are querying your request. Please check your email regularly and respond to queries promptly to avoid unnecessary delay.
The rules listed above MUST be complied with before we are able to process your request. Please understand that it is your responsibility to revert to the standard system if your email system does not function as you think it should. We will maintain the highest level of confidentiality on information we receive, but if information goes astray or is intercepted before it reaches the practice, this is entirely at your own risk. We would appreciate your comments on this service to help us monitor the system.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.
Friends & Family Test
08:00 - 18:00
(Extended Hours 07.00-08.00)- Usual core hours 08.00-18.00
08:00 - 18:00
08:00 - 18:00
08:00 - 18:00
8:30 - 10:30 Extended Hours