Beaconsfield Medical Practice
175 Preston Road, Brighton, BN1 6AG
It's Tuesday 9:17 PM — Sorry, we're closed
Telephone: 01273 552212 / 01273 555401
Fax: 01273 564626BHCCG.email@example.com
We are unable to accept prescriptions requests by phone.
Please note we are keen to process prescriptions as quickly as possible but we also need to ensure that medications are issued safely and appropriately to our patients. Repeat prescription requests which are within the clinical review date will be processed and issued within 48hrs. Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account.Some requests will be passed to a GP for decision on issue, this may occur if:
- You request medication which is NOT on your repeat list
- Your repeat medication has not been reviewed recently by a doctor and needs monitoring
- You are requesting medication too early (without a clear reason)
- There are discrepancies in the medication information we have e.g. from hospital letters etc
Please ensure that we have an up to date mobile or land line number to enable us to contact you with any questions regarding your request.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Did you know you can register for our online secure appointment system?
If you would like to manage your appointments and prescription requests via this system please bring in a form of ID next time you visit the surgery and you will be given a secure password to enable you to access this site.
How Do I Request A Repeat Prescription?
Via SystmOne online
If you are registered for SystmOne online services please use the link at the top of the page to request your repeat prescriptions.
You will only be able to use this if you have collected a username and password from the practice, please ask a member of staff for details.
Email your repeat prescription request to: BHCCG.firstname.lastname@example.org (Please be aware that normal email is not encrypted.)
To make use of this service you must adhere to the following rules:
- Subject: Repeat Prescription Request
- The email message should include your name, date of birth and patient number (found on your repeat prescription request slip)
- List each drug on a separate line with the type (e.g. tabs or caps) and strength. We will prescribe the quantity and dosage as previously given
- If you require an unusual amount please give an explanation (e.g. holiday for 2 weeks)
- Many local pharmacies have a collection service with the practice; please enquire at your usual pharmacy. If you would like the pharmacist to collect your prescription please mark their name clearly on the top of the repeat request form. We cannot email or fax prescriptions direct to you.
- Please do not send attachments as these will not be opened
- Please do not email regarding any matter other than a repeat prescription request, this email is not for medical queries or appointment booking.
We will not reply to emails unless we are querying your request. Please check your email regularly and respond to queries promptly to avoid unnecessary delay.
Introducing an additional way to order your prescriptions
As of 1st November Beaconsfield Medical Practice patients have access to the POD (prescription ordering direct). The NHS POD service is provided, on behalf of our GP practice, by NHS Brighton and Hove Clinical Commissioning Group. Your call will be answered by a dedicated, experienced and fully trained prescription co-ordinator.
How does NHS POD work?
To use this service you need to ring 0808 1647678 (Freephone) Monday- Friday between 8am and 4pm (excluding bank holidays). You will be asked which GP practice you belong to and if you consent to your medical record being accessed to process your prescription request. You will then be asked to confirm your identity by giving personal details such as name and date of birth. Each item on your repeat will be discussed and only those needed, will be ordered.
Why are we offering this new service?
Our aim is to ensure that patients are receiving the correct quantity of medication needed in a timely manner, to reduce the amount of prescription waste in our area. Unused prescription medicines cost the NHS millions of pounds every year.
I am happy with my existing service. Do I have to change?
No, this is just another service to help you order your medication at the correct time; you will still be able to order your prescriptions online or in person through your GP practice. In order to reduce prescription waste we believe that patients need to take responsibility and control of their own medication needs.
Please note in the majority of cases pharmacies will no longer be accepting standard repeat prescription requests, these requests will need to go via the POD or The Practice. This excludes blister pack medication which will still be requested via your pharmacy.
Friends & Family Test
08:00 - 18:00
(Extended Hours 07.00-08.00)- Usual core hours 08.00-18.00
08:00 - 18:00
08:00 - 18:00
08:00 - 18:00
8:30 - 10:30 Extended Hours